MBA: Interview questions while preparing for Rotman [05.03.2008]
I have just received an invitation to the interview to MBA program I’ve sent
application documents to. This is Rotman School of Management that I’ve
chosen, since it is one of the best schools in finance and is connected to
University of Toronto, which is a local educational
brand for me.
And I am
very sensitive to brands, I have to admit.
here I am, preparing to the interview. I came up with a list of questions,
which can be potentially asked on an interview.
interview is tomorrow, March 5th of 2008
Let me list
the questions here right now and I will comment tomorrow those I really got.
Why do I need MBA and why Rotman?
- Why did you decide to receive MBA?
- Why did you choose Rotman school?
- Why do you want to start right now?
- What are your plans upon graduation?
- What would be your contribution to the class?
- What are two the most important features of your character?
- What would you study in Rotman?
- How would your classmates describe you after two years of studies?
- How would your friends and relatives describe you?
- If two managers were to speak about you, how would they describe you?
General questions about me and my biography
- Tell me about a conflict situation you successfully resolved.
- What role in the team you most usually have to play?
- Tell me about a situation you had to demonstrate your leadership skills
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Tell me about your failure in a team work.
- What is your style in management?
- What are your most distinctive qualities?
- What do you want to accomplish in your career?
- How can you be helpful in a team?
- What do you do to relax?
- How would you describe success?
- What are your weakest qualities?
- In what areas you need to progress?
- What are the weakest places in your application?
- Do you have any questions?
- What do you want to tell to the committee?
Questions which are hard to prepare
- If you were to take a vacation or just one day off where would you go? Assume that you don’t have any limitations (e.g. financial).
- Tell about new tendencies in technologies
Please, make a direct link to the source if copying the material.